BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Reception

The reception will be held at Lumen Private Event Space - the party begins with cocktails and appetizers at 6:00 p.m. and will continue until 11:00 p.m. with dinner and lots of dancing!

Although the details are still getting worked out, we've booked the DJ (S.O.S. DJs) and have the photobooth ordered.  If you have any requests for the DJ, send them our way!  There is one thing, though - Zac has firmly stated that there will be NO Chicken Dance or Y.M.C.A. played at the reception - so please don't even ask!

Check out the pictures of the Lumen in "The Reception Venue" post.  The place is incredible and I can't wait to see it transform on that fall Saturday evening.  I'm secretly (not so secretly anymore!) looking forward to the moment when I can sneak up to the balcony for a minute during the reception to just watch over the party and count my blessings.  To see my HUSBAND, with his bow-tie undone, playing with his new ring, tearing up the dancefloor and singing too loud with his best friends.  To see my parents laughing with their new in-laws and slow-dancing together, being so in love almost thirty years after their own wedding day.  To see my best girlfriends from across the country (Minnesota, Chicago, Joplin, Los Angeles, St. Louis) come together for the first time to dance and be silly and share in this important day.  To see my brother and my sister all dressed up looking so handsome and beautiful and grown-up - a little different than the big ol' t-shirts we'd wear for pajamas years ago.  To see my huge family - the people who have shaped me - hanging out with my new family - the people who helped create Zac and the people who will be my babies' grandma and grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins.  To see a room FULL of people who care enough to come to our wedding!  I'll sip my champagne and get that knot in my stomach - nostalgic for the moment before it's even finished.

I can't wait for that moment.

0 comments: